Thursday, April 05, 2007

holy week reflection

It was a very busy, stressful and at the same time rewarding week for me. Last sunday afternoon i had coffee with my very good and close friend charlene. :) and we spent the whole afternoon discussing about religion. :) she is a born again christian and im a catholic but we didnt argue, we just discussed how she came to be a born again because she was a catholic before also. I respect her decision to convert for each one has to find his or her path to grow spiritually. i really enjoyed that talk of ours and maybe i do hope that some day she'll go back to the catholic faith but if that doesnt happen it really doesnt matter because what really matters in the end is our faith and if we believe in our one true God. :) its always nice to talk to a smart lady. :) monday was a very busy day for me with my parents going to baguio i had to attend to some of their work so it was a very busy day indeed and then a friend of mine called and asked if he was interested in an investment. Here are the terms of the investment and ready yourself. 30% interest on your money in 10days! Is that even possible? I cant find any legal business that could give you those kind of returns in that short span of time. Is it possibly a ponzi scheme? for those of you who are still not familiar with what a ponzi scheme is i'll write about it in the near future. That was the first kind of investment of that nature that i encountered this year and just a little word of advice when there are a lot of ponzi schemes going around already that means that the end of the bull market is near already. It means that the market is now overheating and usually during bear markets there are little or even no get rich quick schemes. :) so that means that we have nothing to worry about right now and that the market is still healthy. :) and on monday evening i had dinner with charlene again in sbarro then met my cousin for coffee and the same time she entrusted some of her money to me to invest. :) well i just told her that its a long term investment and shes okay with it. :) i will really try to do my best to give my fund the best returns possible. :) my minimum target for returns is 15% which mean double your money in five years and four times your money in 10 years. But of course thats just the minimum i target more than 20% :) my fund will be 3 years old on june 24 this year and more or less the fund has been earning 6.41% per month that is as of march 31, 2007 since i started this fund and i could say that its still growing and im still learning everyday. :) i just hope my fund is going to grow someday and be one of the big boys in our market. Well as of the moment that is just a dream. :) i just hope that some day my dream will come true. :) i think i can say that ive done a good job so far because i have beaten the returns of the psei for that is the only benchmark that i try to beat. And im thankful that ive beaten it so far. :) i thank the lord for all the blessings and the guidance, my family for always being there, friends for cheering me up when times were tough for me, spyfrat for helping me out in investing even though were on the opposite sides if the spectrum when it comes to investing but has opened my eyes and my mind to a different approach in investing and it has helped me a lot, charlene for being patient and understanding when im dificult. Let us not forget to thank the lord for all the blessings we've received and let us not forget the ultimate sacrifice the Lord has made for all of us. :) god bless to everyone this holy week.

No comments: