Monday, November 20, 2006

common sense investing

everytime i meet someone who's into the stock market one question that i never fail to ask is "what's your investing style?" im sure you ask that question too. so how did you develop your style? just last weekend i attended a seminar in our office and there was a questionnaire that we answered to find out your personality. i was an owl meaning your into numbers and methodical. in a way i was happy coz i was equipped for an important part in investing in the stock market which is research and financial analysis :) i also helps that im an accountancy graduate. :) i like numbers i guess thats why i was called into the field. :)my family is also into business and that really influenced my way of thinking :) my idols in business and investing are my dad, mr henry sy and warren buffett. there are a lot but they are the ones that i really admire. i remember that my parents were really against investing in the stock market coz it was 'gambling' but a few years after they were ok with it already coz they can see that my style is sound, feasible and makes sense. buy low and sell higher its as simple as that :) mr sy i admire for his focus, patience and being an astute businessman :) warren buffett for his patience and very sensible approach to investing :) what do all my idols have in common? they are patient. llke a tiger waiting for the right time to strike his prey :) they are all focus investors:) as the saying goes put all your eggs in one basket and watch it closely :) and they all have a simple strategy in investing or in business. buying low and selling high to get a high rate of return :) keep it simple thats what makes their style so effective :) i patterned my style after my idols :) as my friend hernan calls it "defensive investing" but i call "common sense investing" :) for one year i tried technical investing but it just didnt work for me coz i have a day job. in the end your environment, lifestyle, way of thinking will shape your investing style. if you have the passion anybody can succeed in the stock market. good luck!!!!!!! :)

No comments: